Re: [meeting] extra Action Item - 2004-04-20

Hi Olivier,

Le mer 21/04/2004 à 04:01, olivier Thereaux a écrit :
> On Apr 21, 2004, at 10:55, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> > * 1 - checklink *
> > There is, however, dissent on whether/when the link checker is
> > actually a robot, and a feeling (for some of us) that following
> > robots.txt makes it less useful. A first workaround (implemented
> > during the meeting!) is to add a note explaining how to modify one's
> > robots.txt to allow the link checker to do more than other agents.
>
> The note is at:
> http://qa-dev.w3.org/wlc/#bot
>
> Could I assign you the (extra) action item of taking care of this for
> the robots.txt at www.w3.org? This would be setting a good example.

Sure, done. FWIW, I couldn't test it as well as I wanted, because my
auth credentials are rejected when trying to checklink e.g. /Projects
(Team-only) ; I'm not sure why they were, nor if that's a known problem
in this instance of the linkchecker (I tried several other password
protected areas without luck).

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org