Re: [checklink] Preparing for 3.9.3

Hi Ville, All,

On Apr 20, 2004, at 05:17, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>> I'll try to get the robots-text-is-screaming-red-403 issue fixed in
>> the
>> weekend, after that we could do a quick beta test.
>
> Ok, this is now done (although the implementation is somewhat ugly),
> and http://qa-dev.w3.org/wlc/checklink is up to date.
> I think 3.9.3 is now ready for a beta test now.

I have just installed LWP 5.79 on qa-dev. Maybe we can check for a day
or two whether that causes no problem with either the validator or
checklink, and proceed with a beta (with 5.79 installed on w.v.o)
within a couple days?

I just tested the new feature (and style for the robots exclusion) and
it seems to work fine, great job.

I still find it frustrating that the link checker HAS to follow
robots.txt and telling users to check links manually, even in non
recursive mode, but I reckon I am against the majority here, and I
should probably just accept I am wrong and shut up ;)