Re: XML validator and W3 CVS

Nick.

On Wednesday, Jan 22, 2003, at 08:29 Asia/Tokyo, Nick Kew wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Olivier Thereaux wrote:
>
>> This sounds good. However, I've been told the current practice is to
>> use "dated space", so the xml-validator should be under
>> dev.w3.org:/sources/public/2003/xml-val(idator).
>
> OK, I've imported it into dev.w3.org:/sources/public/2003/xml-val
> I'm perpetually struggling with CVS, so I hope it's imported OK.

Looks OK from here.

> This is currently a pretty minimal import, but it's what's running
> at qa-dev.w3.org:8888 and now also at valet.webthing.com/xml-val/

Do you have, or need, people playing with it at this stage, other than
just the small qa-dev group? There's no guarantee of course, but we
could ask people from the XML community at W3C to test it...

> At valet, I have an XML catalogue I constructed myself.  For W3,
> I want to investigate the XML components of our SGMLIB package,
> and feed it to the validator.  This remains subject to round tuits,
> and if anyone's actually installed something on qa-dev, it'll save
> a lot of work if you let me know so I can just configure xml-val
> to use it.

I'm not sure. I don't remember how far we went in our discussions about
sgml-lib...

--
Olivier