Re: [checklink] New location for doc page

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 21:18, Terje Bless wrote:

> >Ok, I'll put the page to CVS as outlined above, then.  Proxying might
> >not work if (when?) I update the page to take advantage of Validator's
> >SSI things but that's not at the top of my todo list.
>
> What makes you think Proxying won't work? Last-Modified? That's supposed to
> work even if this is SSI (that's what XBitHack is for (among other things).

D'oh, there were some key words missing from my post.  The SSI mechanism
should work just fine when proxied, but I have a hunch that the relative
links contained in them, eg. in header.html won't, unless practically
everything in v.w3.org is proxied.  Haven't really thought about this
too much, but redirection seems more hassle-free to me.

> On a slightly different note, I think it would probably be usefull to
> integrate checklink and check more on v.w3.org. As it is they seem to be
> two completely different tools despite being linked at the hip in CVS.
>
> Longer term I still think the brunt of both should be made into modules and
> let CGI switches decide what gets output froma single CGI application. But
> until we get there, perhaps we could look at integrating the web sites (the
> *.html files, basically)? Combined docs, and perhaps two Submit buttons for
> the same FORM field ("Check Markup" and "Check Links")?

Sounds good to me.  Maybe a good start would be to add the checklink doc
page into docs/checklink.html (maybe it's better under docs/), and
adding an entry into docs/index.html.

I don't currently have a publicly accessible site available for
protoing; the new dev box would be very much welcome...

--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi