Re: Fwd: validator/httpd/cgi-bin check

Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:

>No.  That was Terje's change in
><http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/validator/httpd/cgi-bin/check.diff?r1=1.234&r2
>=1.235&f=h>, which actually broke things.

Woops! My bad.

>Yes.  That works again, and uses the "and" Terje seems to love :)
>[...]
>That's why I personally never use the "and" form.  Mixing "and" and "&&"
>is always IMHO either 1) wrong 2) hard to read correctly.

There is a reason why Perl has two logical AND operators with different
precendence; one of them being exactly to cut down on paranthesis. And my
personal Perl Style Guide demands "and" over "&&" where possible to enable
the code to read more like a English sentence (without going to extremes;
I'm not a candyfloss-language fan!), to cut down on the amount of
punctuation, and to use the loosest binding (lowest precendence) operator
that will do the job.