Re: [check] :8001 updated, 0.6.1 in progress...

Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:

>On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 02:06, Terje Bless wrote:
>
>>Mainly I'd like to see RPMs of the Validator and of OpenSP before
>>release, but depending on how soon that can happen we could just
>>release Validator and add links to the RPMs as they become available.
>
>I have a set of RPMs of Validator 0.6.0 and OpenSP 1.5 for Red Hat 8, as
>well as all their requirements that are not available in RH8 at
><http://cachalot.ods.org/>.  I think they're in pretty good shape,
>though there are a couple of tiny changes in 0.6.1 that affect the
>validator RPM.  Anyway, I'd appreciate if people could test them
>somewhat before release.

I'll try to set them up on the throwaway box (the old Bugzilla) tonight
some time (after midnight GMT, probably).

>Also, I don't know what's the optimal way of distributing the RPMs,
>since they're not limited to just validator. [...]
>
>I'm fine with just linking to my site for RPM downloads for now, or
>moving them somewhere else, provided that "somewhere else" hosts a
>apt-rpm interface to the files (I can work on that, it doesn't require
>anything special from the server side, I can generate the indexes
>locally and upload 'em).

If you're happy to host them, what say you we just add a link to some
suitable place on cachalot.ods.org so we can freeze and tag 0.6.1?
Eventually I'd like to see this hosted at w3.org somewhere, but pointing
elsewhere for convenience while we figure out this whole packaging and
releases thing seems the smart way to do it.

--
We've gotten to a point where a human-readable,  human-editable text format
forstructured data has become a complex nightmare where somebody can safely