Re: Stale version on PWE page

On Thu, 23 Mar 2023, Coralie Mercier wrote:

>> https://www.w3.org/Consortium/pwe/
>>
>> says
>> "This is the 22 October 2014 version of the document."
>>
>> But it has clearly been updated more recently, since it mentions Ralph
>> as Interim CEO and similar such.
>>
>> What purpose does that version mark serve?  Should it be removed?
>
> I updated the document on January 20 (as indicated at the very
> bottom) to replace the name of our former CEO and updated Hosts
> names to regions. None of those changes warranted a newer version
> like a substantive change to the content would.
>
> We state that this document as been in operation since October 2014.
> Would you suggest a different approach?

Having looked at the document more, yes.

Take out everything except:
* a pointer to to CEPC
* a list of the Ombudspeople
* add a pointer to https://www.w3.org/Guide/process/suspension.html
(which is currently missing), and
* a pointer to where to take feedback.

As examples of things that will go, without replacement:
* the "Procedures" section which is redunant and/or in conflict with
the CEPC and suspension guidelines processes
* Stale mentions of "hosts"
* Stale mentions of MIT training
* A broken link to the "harrassment" section of the CEPC
* A list of resources that is not being maintained
* The versioning, aside from the CVS log line.

Consider moving change control to Github so that people can suggest
PRs to fix more things.

And while the doc is open, consider using a single email address for
Ralph rather than leave the naive reader wondering why he's using two
different ones.

-- Sam