[Improve details of reporting sections. · Issue #56 · w3c/PWETF
It is very important that the section on reporting has clear procedures with explicit contact details for people to contact. The person making the report may be distressed and parsing an external d...](https://github.com/w3c/PWETF/issues/56)

Ada

On July 5, 2019 at 14:51 GMT, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

Thank you for that Ada,

I’m sure the BBC, like any large organisation, is not perfect and does sometimes unwittingly fall short of the standards it sets itself. Just to be clear though, it very clearly is not ok in the BBC to promote transphobic (or any other) hate. I don’t know anyone in the BBC who would think that is acceptable. And yes, it would be okay for staff members to raise it.

> if you are proposing an entirely different approach, one like this BBC document

I am not proposing that; actually I took pains to explain that it was not my intention. I did not mean to suggest that the differences I called out were all examples of something either better or worse. I leave that judgement to the reader. You made really good points in response to the individual bullets.

> I did not participate in the PWETF until recently but I am sure the editors already did their research on existing codes of conducts

Yes I am aware that alternative codes of conduct were looked at. Adding another source for inspiration shouldn’t be ruled out especially when there is new published work, whether that new work serves as a good or a bad example, or indeed a combination of both.

Kind regards,

Nigel