From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, July 4, 2019 10:39 AM
To: public-pwe@w3.org
Subject: Process for working on the CEPC

Hi all,

Do we have any process set out for how we work together on the CEPC?

The approach up until now hasn't matched anything I've used before and I find it somewhat unsettling and hard to follow, which in turn makes me nervous that we are not doing the best work that we can, together. Specifically:

  *   Pull requests are opened to make changes that do not seem to have been discussed and do not have related issues
  *   Discussions on the pull requests are wide ranging in scope and hard to keep track of, very likely because they do not relate to discussed issues
  *   Pull requests are merged while there are still ongoing conversations, and I'm not sure when we have reached consensus or what the accepted review period is
  *   I haven't managed to work out what the publication plan is and if there are any particular timescales we're aiming to meet, target versions etc
  *   I'm unclear which issues are considered the highest priority amongst the task force membership
  *   Some issues in the repository are labelled CEPC but others probably do relate to the CEPC and are not labelled
I may be on my own here, in which case fine, carry on, but in case I'm not, does anyone else here have similar problems following the group's work? If so, can we fix them, maybe by introducing a general process that the group uses in the absence of some exceptional circumstance, and writing some guidance? Maybe there is an existing description of the group's working approach - please point me to it if there is!

Nigel