Push API PAG: Please help complete the claims analysis

From: Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 13:19:16 -0400
To: "public-push-pag@w3.org" <public-push-pag@w3.org>
Hi members of the Push API PAG;

As we discussed on the last call, we're nearly done with a first cut
analysis of the disclosed patents' claims against the Push API spec.
	https://www.w3.org/2013/papag/wiki/Claims_Analysis

We still need analysis of the final three patents (JP 3917596, EP
1322072, US 7079517). I have asked our Keio team for help with the
Japanese patent.

Please edit the wiki to add these final parts and review what's already
there. To date, the analysis suggests that none of the claims reviewed
are "Essential Claims" under the Patent Policy.
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#def-essential-definition

If we can complete the chart this week, we can be ready to consider a
draft PAG Report on our next call, Tuesday, October 1 (11 AM Boston).

In the meantime, Microsoft informs me that based on public information,
no patents were to be transferred, only licensed, in the proposed deal
with Nokia, and that it will be several months before that deal closes.

Best,
--Wendy

Policy Counsel, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
http://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)