W3C Push API -- Draft PAG Report

Hi Push API PAG Members,

Based on the PAG's work, I have filled out the outline draft PAG Report
     http://www.w3.org/2013/papag/wiki/PAG_Report

The report concludes that "the Nokia Patents do not read on the Push API
Specification," and therefore that no changes to the Push API
Specification are necessary.

Please review the Draft Report and provide any comments by next Tuesday,
Oct. 29. I will take comments by email beforehand, and call for
objections on next week's call.

Best,
--Wendy

On 10/21/2013 04:44 PM, Wendy Seltzer wrote:
> Push API PAG Members:
>
> Eduardo has done one pass over all the patent claims in the Claims
> Analysis wiki, and I've confirmed that the Japanese patent follows the
> same pattern as the others it's grouped with (and is not essential for
> the same reasons). That analysis suggests that none of the patents
> states Essential Claims on the Push API
>
>      https://www.w3.org/2013/papag/wiki/Claims_Analysis
>
> At the next call, I'd like to confirm whether people agree with that
> analysis and can therefore confirm the Draft PAG Report.
>
>      http://www.w3.org/2013/papag/wiki/PAG_Report
> (currently awaiting insertion of the claims analysis).
>
> Tomorrow, I will circulate a proposed complete draft report.
>
> Next Call:
> Tuesday, 29 October 15:00-16:00 UTC
> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=29&year=2013&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=0>
> (11:00am-12:00pm Boston local)
> Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200 <tel:+1.617.761.6200>, conference 72724
> ("PAPAG")
>
> --Wendy
>
> On 10/14/2013 05:36 AM, EDUARDO FULLEA CARRERA wrote:
>> Hi Wendy, all,
>>
>> I have completed the Claim Chart with the analysis of a couple of additional patents. Thus, there is at least an evaluation for each of the patents, except the Japanese one. Most probably the same analysis as for the rest of the patents in group 2 would apply to the Japanese one, but this should be confirmed by a native speaker / translation.
>>
>> It should be noted that most patents have been analyzed by a single person (myself), so it would be desirable to have a second view.
>>
>> I can join the call tomorrow, if we finally have it.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Eduardo.

Policy Counsel, World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
http://wendy.seltzer.org/        +1.617.863.0613 (mobile)