Re: Dialback in PubSubHubbub

On 06/25/2012 03:31 AM, Julien Genestoux wrote:

> Mart, I haven't fully understood your proposal, but I think I generally
> disagree with the idea of 'binding' the pubsubhubbub protocol with a
> particular mechanism (which, it seems you do...). I think the callback
> approach is very powerful because it lets the publisher decide whatever
> makes sense for them...

Actually, I think it's quite the opposite. My draft is intended to be a
separated protocol for doing dialback for any use-case where one domain
needs to authenticate the identity of another, with the goal that you
can establish an association once and use it many times for many
different protocols.

I didn't intend to suggest that it be "bound" to PubSubHubbub, only that
PubSubHubbub itself needn't grow to solve all use-cases when we can
solve some of these problems with small pieces loosely joined and get
the benefit of being flexible to new use cases down the road.