Re: Attempting to publish a Presentation API WD - spec-generator times out?

On 10/13/2015 10:05 AM, Denis Ah-Kang wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> On 10/12/2015 09:27 PM, mark a. foltz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am attempting to publish a working draft of the Presentation API [1]
>> using the ECHIDNA workflow documented here [2].  Everything seems to
>> work until the spec is passed through the spec-generator server, which
>> times out and gives me no further information [3] as to what the problem
>> might be.
>>
>> Can anyone with more access to the spec-generator output provide some
>> clues?
>
> It looks like a bug in respec. I'll investigate.

Respec has been fixed and spec-generator should now work as expected:
https://labs.w3.org/spec-generator/?type=respec&url=https%3A%2F%2Frawgit.com%2Fw3c%2Fpresentation-api%2FTR%2Findex.html%3FspecStatus%3DWD%3BshortName%3Dpresentation-api

>> Is there a simple way to run a ReSpec generated spec through the
>> PubRules checker to see if the problem is with the spec itself?   It
>> appears I would need to host the output on my own webserver and pass its
>> URL to the checker.
>
> The purpose of spec-generator is to be able to generate snapshots
> easily and pass it to the different checkers.
> In your case, the document is not even reaching pubrules so it's
> definitely a problem during the generation of the snapshot.
> Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll let you know when it's fixed.

To answer your question, you can pass the url above to pubrules [1] so
you don't have to host your document somewhere.
Note, if you are planning to publish with Echidna, don't forget to check
the last checkbox on pubrules.

Denis

[1] https://labs.w3.org/pubrules/