RE: question regarding to letting screen reader user turn chapters

Hello,

There are several design items:

Some reading systems  will automatically move to the next file. Some books have multiple files that make up each chapter, and how the heck does the end user know where a file ends. IMO this is the best approach. Apple Books is one that does it this way. I think the Kindle does it like this also.

The previous and next file/chapter/section is the next best approach. I would suggest setting two hotkeys to activate this button. It should also be positioned in a location that is easy for the reader to get to. Some have the previous button at the top   and the next at the bottom, while others have it in one consistent location, and yet others position the buttons both at the top and the bottom of the current content.

Hope this helps.

Best

George