Re: Welcome new member joining PCG!

Zheng, et al. -

Thanks for welcoming me to the W3C Publishing Community Group. I already know some of you from my prior involvement around ePub and my involvement with development and increasing awareness around tech specification with the education community. I was once a classroom teacher (actually I taught students but student teacher has a different meaning) and joining Apple to help start ACOT (the Apple Classroom of Tomorrow) back in 1986. I left Apple in 1993 to start a company called MediaSeek Technologies and later Educational Systemics. I am presently the CEO of MatchMaker Education Labs, a public benefits corporation, where my colleagues and I create and license technologies to dynamically relate educational elements to one another in support of several initiatives in learning and teaching including working with publishers.

I specifically reconnected with this incarnation of the ePub community at the request of my colleagues on the LRMI (Learning Resource Metadata Innovation (used to be Initiative)) Tech Group on which I have served for a long time. I see that Phil Barker, the chair of that group, is also a member of this group. I’ll be looking for ways that we can contribute to the work of the PCG, am happy to share what we are doing at MatchMaker Ed Labs, and will be happy to contribute my 2¢ on other topics as well.

Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to seeing ‘old’ friends and making new ones!

Best -

- Michael

MATCH
MAKER