From: MURATA Makoto
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2017 07:32
To: W3C Publishing Business Group
Subject: Re: Proposal for carrying forward accessibility work in W3C publishing groups

George,

I hope to have a better idea about the publication schedule,
since I would like to discuss this topic in the upcoming F2F meeting
of ISO/IEC JTC1\SC34\JWG7 in June.

For the joint publication by W3C and ISO/IEC JTC1, we
need a new work item proposal in SC34, which is followed
by a three-month(?)  ballot.  After W3C finishes the content
of EPUB Accessibility 1.1, we need a  Proposed Draft
Technical Specification, which is followed by a six-month(?)
ballot.

JWG7 is a joint WG by SC34, ISO TC46, and IEC TC100/TA10.
F2F meetings of JWG7 are held twice a year: one
is together with SC34 meetings, while another is together
with TC46 meetings.  Since I am in SC34, the F2F meeting
in June (Tokyo) is good for me to raise this topic.

Regards,
Makoto

  I don’t know, but as I see it, there are things that need to be introduced that are not in WCAG 2.1.   The EPUB community working group  would be the place to introduce these items.

  Best

  George