RE: [External Coordination] Time to promote epubcheck fundraising to our contacts!

Hi Jens,

Thank you for your involvement!

I hope I’ll be able to answer your questions. Luc and I have been overseeing the epubcheck work, so hopefully we can help if you have additional questions.

We have raised about $50,000. Our goal is $150,000.

We are leaving the fundraising open until we reach our goal. If an organization would prefer to make a payment in 2019, that is fine. It would be helpful to know about the commitment earlier even if the payment will not be made until 2019.

Luc recently published an article about the current status of the work at https://www.w3.org/blog/2018/10/epubcheck-revision-initialised/. I published an article a few months ago to kick off fundraising https://www.w3.org/blog/2018/10/epubcheck-fundraising/. We will publish articles on the W3C blog at major milestones.

The EPUBCheck team has begun tweeting from @epubcheck.

Please be in touch with me or Luc if you have additional questions.

Best,
Tzviya

Tzviya Siegman
Information Standards Lead