From: workgroup_mailer@list.niso.org <workgroup_mailer@list.niso.org> On
Behalf Of admin@list.niso.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:07 AM
To: kerscher@montana.com
Subject: [NISO sc34ballots] Groups - Ballot opened: "ISO/IEC/DTS 23078,
Specification of DRM technology for e-book content"

"ISO/IEC/DTS 23078, Specification of DRM technology for e-book content" has
opened.

Ballot Title: ISO/IEC/DTS 23078, Specification of DRM technology for e-book
content
<http://groups.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/sc34ballots/ballot.php?id=878>
  _____

Question
Do you approve, disapprove or abstain on this NWIP for ISO/IEC/DTS 23078 DRM
technology for e-book?

Closing Date: Tuesday, 21 August 2018 @ 11:59 pm EDT

Description
The proposed standard provides a specification of the security technology
required to deliver EPUB content for the purpose of submission, storing and
dissemination in libraries and other organizations. This proposed standard
addresses specific technical specifications for encryption, digital
signatures, certificates, and licenses of EPUB contents, as well as usage
scenarios for secure delivery of EPUB contents. The proposed standard uses
internationally proven security technologies and consists of royalty-free
technologies.

If the US votes to approve this as a new project, we are expected to name AT
LEAST ONE EXPERT who will work on this standard's development. If you would
like to nominate someone, please include the name and contact information in
your comments, we are now also required to provide particular information
when adding Experts to working groups: The Expert's full name and e-mail
address, a salutation (Dr., Ms., etc.) as well as one of the following
Stakeholder Categories:

Industry and Commerce

Government

Consumers

Labour

Academic and Research Bodies

Standards Application

Non-governmental Organization (NGO)

Please obtain that person's agreement in advance to work on this project.

We are also required to provide a justification statement for why we think
this is or is not a worthwhile/useful project (depending on whether we vote
yes or no). Please provide such a statement in the comments for your
Affirmative or Negative vote. Consider whether you think this standard will
be used in the U.S.

In addition to providing justification statement and volunteer to work on
the project, there are two questions to address:

Question 1

Do you approve this project being added to the program, disapprove adding
this project or abstain on this NP?

Question 2

Please select from one of the following options (note if no option is
selected, the default will be the first option):

Draft document will be registered as new project in the committee program
(stage 20.00)

Draft document can be registered as a Working Draft (WD - Stage 20.20)

Draft document can be registered as a Committee Draft (CD - Stage 30.00)

Draft document can be registered as a Draft International Standard (DIS -
Stage 40.00)

Your voting options for Question 1 are:

Approve - Comments optional

Disapprove - Comments required

Abstain due to lack of consensus - Comments optional

Abstain due to lack of national expert input - Comments optional

Your voting options for Question 2 are:

Draft document will be registered as new project in the committee program
(stage 20.00) - Comments optional

Draft document can be registered as a Working Draft (WD - Stage 20.20) -
Comments optional

Draft document can be registered as a Committee Draft (CD - Stage 30.00) -
Comments optional

Draft document can be registered as a Draft International Standard (DIS -
Stage 40.00) - Comments optional

Abstain from voting - Comments optional

IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT NOTICE

Permission is granted by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to
electronically reproduce this working draft International Standard for
purpose of review and comment related to the preparation of the U.S.
position, provided this notice is included. All other right are reserved.

Vote
<http://groups.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/sc34ballots/ballot.php?id=878>
*	Approve
*	Disapprove
*	Abstain due to lack of consensus
*	Abstain due to lack of national expert input
*	Draft document will be registered as new project in committee
program (stage 20.00)
*	Draft document can be registered as a Working Draft (WD - Stage
20.20)
*	Draft document can be registered as a Committee Draft (CD - Stage
30.00)
*	Draft document can be registered as a Draft International Standard
(DIS - Stage 40.00)
*	Abstain from voting
  _____

Group: SC34 Ballot Advisory Group
Date Opened: Wednesday, 6 June 2018 @ 6:00 am EDT
  _____

Referenced Items

ISO-IECJTC1-SC34_N2506_NP_TS23078.2.pdf (295K)
2018-06-06
Download
<http://groups.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/sc34ballots/download.php/19252>
| View Details
<http://groups.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/sc34ballots/document.php?document
_id=19252>

DRM Specification for EPUB Content - Overview-02.docx (225K)
2018-06-06
Download
<http://groups.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/sc34ballots/download.php/19253>
| View Details