De : Bill McCoy <bmccoy@w3.org<mailto:bmccoy@w3.org>>
Société : W3C
Date : mardi 5 juin 2018 à 15:24
À : AUDRAIN LUC AUDRAIN LUC <laudrain@hachette-livre.fr<mailto:laudrain@hachette-livre.fr>>, 'PBG Steering Committee' <public-publishing-sc@w3.org<mailto:public-publishing-sc@w3.org>>
Objet : RE: Pub BG call tomorrow AM?

Luc, no I didn’t send.

it seemed the co-chairs and others had some late-breaking issues that merited resolving first, mainly size of Program Committee – didn’t want to make an open call for PC volunteers to the entire PBG if in fact the co-chairs prefer a smaller (thus more functional) PC and if as well we want (as I agree we must) to ensure diversity in gender which is poorly represented in the straw man for PC in the current draft. I also  hate to have propose PC member names in a draft that we share widely if we are not going to ask them to serve after all.

Luc perhaps you can help resolve this with your co-chairs Florian and Makoto so we can move forward? I think we are OK to do whatever the co-chairs want, with proviso that I think it would be a really bad idea if we don’t manage to reflect diversity in the PC composition – not just gender but also geographic diversity (esp for Japan-based workshop), field of publishing diversity (manga/comics, trade, magazines), and background diversity (IDPF & Web folks),

I could nevertheless go ahead and send to the larger group now and we deal with it later. Perhaps removing all the names from the draft (I could make a copy so past edits aren’t visible) and replace with a [CO-CHAIRS AND W3C TEAM ARE SOLICITING/CONSIDERING PC CANDIDATES NOW]?

Thoughts?

--Bill