RE: Pub BG call tomorrow AM?

Luc, no I didn’t send.

it seemed the co-chairs and others had some late-breaking issues that
merited resolving first, mainly size of Program Committee – didn’t want to
make an open call for PC volunteers to the entire PBG if in fact the
co-chairs prefer a smaller (thus more functional) PC and if as well we want
(as I agree we must) to ensure diversity in gender which is poorly
represented in the straw man for PC in the current draft. I also  hate to
have propose PC member names in a draft that we share widely if we are not
going to ask them to serve after all.

Luc perhaps you can help resolve this with your co-chairs Florian and Makoto
so we can move forward? I think we are OK to do whatever the co-chairs want,
with proviso that I think it would be a really bad idea if we don’t manage
to reflect diversity in the PC composition – not just gender but also
geographic diversity (esp for Japan-based workshop), field of publishing
diversity (manga/comics, trade, magazines), and background diversity (IDPF &
Web folks),

I could nevertheless go ahead and send to the larger group now and we deal
with it later. Perhaps removing all the names from the draft (I could make a
copy so past edits aren’t visible) and replace with a [CO-CHAIRS AND W3C
TEAM ARE SOLICITING/CONSIDERING PC CANDIDATES NOW]?

Thoughts?

--Bill