From: Bill McCoy [mailto:bmccoy@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, January 1, 2018 1:46 PM
To: 'W3C Publishing Steering Committee' <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
Subject: DRAFT of email to PBG announcing next meeting, new co-chairs, etc.

Dear PBG Steering Committee members,

Happy New Year! It was a productive and certainly "interesting" 2017 for
publishing, EPUB, and the Open Web Platform, and I'm looking forward to a
very fruitful 2018.

Last Thurs your new co-chairs (Rick, Liisa, Luc) had a call with Ivan and
myself and we discussed, and I then drafted, fodder for announcement to the
PBG as a whole about the new co-chairs, proposed Steering Committee refocus,
and next call. It has had some feedback since then but due to holidays not
all of the co-chairs have had a chance to weigh in yet. But since we wanted
to send out announcement on Jan 2 or at latest Jan 3, please go ahead and
have a look at, and feel free to suggest edits to, the Google Doc at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WbOcHd3kuzSiqjThIYymW9PeQ2ry2tjj8U-ghiGz
n90/edit?usp=sharing

Also during Thursday's call we further refined the previously drafted goals
and activities document, mainly adding higher-level goals. See:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jpw0KA9StAnWZAaIMqnITmdSOchIZeQIvphX5Am
Aulg/edit?usp=sharing>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jpw0KA9StAnWZAaIMqnITmdSOchIZeQIvphX5AmA
ulg/edit?usp=sharing but no need for excess polish in the sense that this is
proposed (per the email draft) to be discussed at our next PBG call.

Thanks,

--Bill