From: Rick Johnson <Rick.Johnson@ingramcontent.com>
Date: Monday, October 2, 2017 at 11:08 AM
To: W3C Publishing Steering Committee <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
Subject: Oct. 3 meeting

The publishing steering committee is meeting tomorrow (Oct. 3).

Agenda:
1.  Decisions on:
                -Meeting cadence (monthly?)
                -Next meeting date
2. Discussion about what the BG is, and what we want to have it work on.  Possibilities:
- Creating best practices
-  Getting answers to: -what are members doing now with EPUB?  -Where do they see themselves going?  -Is it a part of their growth strategy?  -What are their markets telling them?
- Forming a task force to interact with key W3C groups and bring recommendations back to the BG on how we can better work with them (how do we work with the other parts of the OWP at the W3C better)
- Forming a task force to promote and recruit publisher support and participation in the key activities (in addition to the groups, this includes EPUBcheck, EPUBtest, and other activities.  i.e. how do we ‘clean up’ things the need to be done)
- MathML/STEM recommendations
- Working on a ‘mini-SMIL’ rec-track
3.  George to present ISO recommendation of task force for SC approval
4.  Discussion of mini-SMIL potential rec-track work

noon eastern meeting time
• Web: https://secure-web.cisco.com/124ljpHncpQOKSs3JWLP9TR44ob-6OPtxUeMBd83_7j4VErShAYPLmwTWC06S4Ou1ftVoPrEAjR9n5y-DpwZ9TYAvc6nNdUTjlS15YEB0t77IL2kvma1E03fnD1DyNt_XxSMP5yuUB7L0_SX_juvIialmf3tPclP49PXRdcYU34aFa-IOQ9jW6TiK1bYhPa2s3J2KBWwexxx5m41hnQE_ta2-B7sP9oCSS2GkUweUpviZa_dpeN3cIX0OJz8izvIUV2cQXehQWQ7z0NJJHsaM5w/https%3A%2F%2Fmit.webex.com%2Fmit%2Fj.php%3FMTID%3Dm68fc7b65e719c9ef3204bbacfb9c7354

• Access Code: 319 851 199
• Meeting password: check on the irc #pbgsc if you need it

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message including attachments, if any, is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged, and/or proprietary material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.