From: Paul Belfanti [mailto:Paul.Belfanti@ascendlearning.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6:50 AM
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>; Luc Audrain <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>
Cc: George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>; Rick Johnson <rick.johnson@ingramdigital.com>; Paul Belfanti <Paul.Belfanti@ascendlearning.com>; Cristina Mussinelli <c.mussinelli@360publishing.it>; W3C Publishing Steering Committee <public-publishing-sc@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Agenda item: EPUB 3 affirmation for the publishing community

I wholly agree, Ivan. A statement from just the PBG without clearly perceived endorsement from the W3C will do little to allay concerns that EPUB will be on life support at best until the next generation format is delivered.

On the other hand, the message will need to be crafted in a way so that stakeholders like Leonard R don’t raise alarm that the PBG will be focused on EPUB at the expense of PWP or whatever we call the next generation spec.

Fun in the land of standards!

Paul

—

Paul Belfanti

Vice President, Production, Manufacturing & Content Architecture

Ascend Learning

(w) 978.639.3536

(m) 201.783.4884