From: Bill McCoy [mailto:bmccoy@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 2:29 PM
To: Bill Kasdorf; 'Johnson, Rick'; 'PBG Steering Committee (Public)'
Cc: 'Ivan Herman'; 'Karen Myers'
Subject: RE: Agenda for May 16

BillK re: the Pub Summit agenda items your responses in email have been very helpful and please don’t hesitate to weigh in further via email or even better via edits to the wik page at https://www.w3.org/Member/wiki/PubSummit/Program or the main wiki page at https://www.w3.org/Member/wiki/PubSummit/

You will have plenty of chance to contribute as a Program Committee member.

But the immediate need is locking space request which is based on whether we will be all-plenary or some tracks + the related issue of expected/max number of attendees. And attendee expectations relates to attendee profile which in turn is predicated on goals for the event.

So to me the most urgent thing for PBG-SC tomorrow is to validate/refine goals and attendee profile and hopefully “bless” the guesstimate of 200 paid attendees. And so far I believe the consensus seems to be leaning towards staying all-plenary. If we are OK on 200 + all-plenary then I have what I need to get our space set.

Again as Jeff pointed out this event will be by far the biggest opportunity for Publishing@W3C to do something in 2017 that is more than just developing specs so I hope we can approach it in that spirit… it is more about showing that we are not just a spec factory than about the number of people or the $ (but I also believe that the more people we can touch the better).

So any opinions on all this (even if – especially if! – contrary to mine) very welcome…

--BillM