RE: Actually running our schema against manifest files

Ya, the JSON schemas only provide basic validation, unfortunately, as its not the most robust language. I’ve really only found them useful for editing in a schema-aware program like oxygen, as they help with code completion. As Ivan mentioned, the only robust way to determine conformance is to actually transform a manifest using the algorithm in the spec., in part because data may need to be harvested from elsewhere.

Not that we shouldn’t keep them up to date, but I’m not sure where they’ll fit in in an eventual validator.

Matt

From: Marisa DeMeglio <marisa.demeglio@gmail.com>
Sent: June 29, 2020 17:56
To: W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Actually running our schema against manifest files

Hello,

After the call today, I decided to try running our JSON-LD schema against some manifest samples. You can try it here:

https://marisademeglio.github.io/audiobooks-js/example/schema.html

So far I’ve found two things that I think are schema errors (filing issues shortly). Otherwise, nothing to report except this is definitely not a validator, just an experiment, but also, it’s an experiment that will report validation errors. It won’t, however, report validation success.

Marisa