Re: FW: Web Audio API is now a W3C Candidate Recommendation (Call for Implementations)

Hello,
Like the HTML5 Audio element, the Web Audio API can be a useful building
block for reading system developers (i.e. implementors of EPUB3 Media
Overlays, "audio books" Web Publications, etc.), and it can also be a
useful tool for content creators (e.g. publications with sounds cues,
interactive aural user experiences, etc.).
However I do not think that the Web Publications standard needs to
specifically reference (normatively or informatively) the Web Audio API,
consequently I do not think that this "affects our work on audio books /
Sync media". In my view, Web Audio is an important enabling technology on
the Open Web Platform, but it is not central to standardizing Web
Publications and its audio "derivations".
Regards, Daniel