Re: Audiobooks TF

From: Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 16:27:24 +0200
To: "Xu, Zheng | KGB" <zheng.xu@rakuten.com>
Cc: Avneesh Singh <avneesh.sg@gmail.com>, AUDRAIN LUC <LAUDRAIN@hachette-livre.fr>, "Reid, Wendy" <wendy.reid@rakuten.com>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
Hello Zheng,

We're not using id/idref at all in our current syntax.

If you want to indicate different narrators per track, you can simply
indicate their name using readBy like this:

"readingOrder": [
  {
    "url": "http://www.notexisted.org/download/audio1.mp3",
    "fileFormat": "audio/mpeg",
    "name": "Part 1, Sections 1 - 3",
    "readBy": "First Narrator"
  },
  {
    "url": "http://www.notexisted.org/download/audio2.mp3",
    "fileFormat": "audio/mpeg",
    "name": "Part 1, Sections 1 - 3",
    "readBy": "Second Narrator"
  }
]

That's not supported by our current WebIDL though, but I guess we could
probably tweak it if deemed necessary (I'd like to have the duration of
tracks in here).

Keep also in mind that the audio tracks themselves can contain metadata,
that's usually the best option for complex resource level metadata.

Best,
Hadrien