Re: Cover-image redux

From: Ric Wright <rkwright@geofx.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 08:52:02 -0700
To: Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>
CC: W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
Agreed.  But at present there is no way (in the spec) to achieve both a
bitmap cover for the static library and also a HTML/SVG/Whatever for the
titlepage itself.  OTOH, this may not be a huge problem.  Do we really need
to be able to animate the title page?  Much more importantly, do we want to
make the spec more complex and potentially dissuade authors and RS from
using these ≥advanced≤ features (as happens today in some cases)?

IMO, we have to skate a careful line between enabling interesting use-cases
and discouraging use of EPUB because it is (or appears to be) overly
complex.

Ric