Re: Entry page example with links to WAM/RWPM

Hadrien,

thank you.

Just some technical questions, for my understanding.

1. There is a reference to the WAM. What are the Web Application/WAM functionalities of the browser that you exploit there?

2. I guess the "magic" that we were discussing lies in the following entry in the HTML file:

I.e., the answer to our question "what happens when one gets to the starting page" is that the user has to actively click to get a specific reader running which relies on the specific manifest.

Do I interpret it right?

Thanks

Ivan

> On 9 Feb 2018, at 22:01, Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com <mailto:hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Since we've been talking a lot about entry pages and how various UAs should handle affordances without a proper example that we can reference, I decided to build a quick and dirty example.
>
> It's built on top of an existing Web Publication: Why's (Poignant) Guide to Ruby <https://poignant.guide/>
>
> The code for this example is available at: https://github.com/HadrienGardeur/webpub-manifest/tree/gh-pages/examples/why <https://github.com/HadrienGardeur/webpub-manifest/tree/gh-pages/examples/why>
>
> The example itself is available at: https://hadriengardeur.github.io/webpub-manifest/examples/why/index.html <https://hadriengardeur.github.io/webpub-manifest/examples/why/index.html>
>
> First of all, there's an entry page with the following things:
> a link in the header to a WAM using rel=manifest
> a link in the header to a RWPM using rel=publication
> a link to the publication itself
> a link to a basic viewer that can move backward/forward in the default reading order
> The WAM itself is extended as well:
> the display member is set to "publication"
> there's an additional reading_order member
> The RWPM is a little more complex since it contains the ToC and a few additional metadata.
>
> I didn't include the list of resources in these two manifests, to keep the example as simple as possible.
>
> I might port another example as well, this way we can avoid some of the cross origin issues.
>
> Hope that this can be helpful,
> Hadrien

----
Ivan Herman, W3C