Re: OCF for Packaging (was Re: [AudioTF] Agenda 2018-12-14)

> So far, though, none of these seem to provide an obvious incentive for browser use/consumption. Perhaps we should take a step back and define the expectations for the packaging format?

We are NOT looking for a browser consumption format here, that must be very clear. We are looking for a B2B interchange format + download format, which should be common to Audio publications and EPUB 3.2 as much as possible because it makes things simpler for every publisher.

-> we must certainly not step back from using a zip based packaging format, which is the most common way of packaging files on the planet today.

One day, browsers will have the capability to save web content using a Web Packaging format. And the resulting frozen content may even be able to be passed to another Web Browser. Great. But this is not what we are talking about. Publishers are not using Web Browsers for packaging content. And Web browsers are today not ready for this Web Packaging format (you'll find early draft implementation, but this is not enough).

Best,
Laurent