Re: what formats count as primary resources?

From: Bill Kasdorf <bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 02:09:06 +0000
To: Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com>
CC: W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
Universality! Anything a browser can render, or anything the OWP enables, whether or not browsers can render it yet. Bill K
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 27, 2017, at 9:13 PM, Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com<mailto:matt.garrish@gmail.com>> wrote:

Do we need to answer this question, or is the answer anything you can get a browser to render?

For example, I can get some Chrome and Firefox to load audio and video files without embedding in HTML, so are audio and video publications legitimate?

Or put another way, is universality of support a concern for web publications, or perhaps only for epub?

Matt