De : Garth Conboy <garth@google.com<mailto:garth@google.com>>
Date : jeudi 27 juillet 2017 à 00:43
À : Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com<mailto:matt.garrish@gmail.com>>
Cc : Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com<mailto:dauwhe@gmail.com>>, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com<mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com>>, "Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken" <tsiegman@wiley.com<mailto:tsiegman@wiley.com>>, George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com<mailto:kerscher@montana.com>>, AUDRAIN LUC AUDRAIN LUC <laudrain@hachette-livre.fr<mailto:laudrain@hachette-livre.fr>>, Avneesh Singh <avneesh.sg@gmail.com<mailto:avneesh.sg@gmail.com>>, Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org<mailto:laurent.lemeur@edrlab.org>>, Greg Albers <GAlbers@getty.edu<mailto:GAlbers@getty.edu>>, W3C Publishing Working Group <public-publ-wg@w3.org<mailto:public-publ-wg@w3.org>>
Objet : Re: definition of Web Publication

Hi Leonard,

In my mind “into a single logical work” does not equal “into a single package or file”.

But, I think we're in agreement conceptually.  Let's leave to Matt to draft perfectly!  :-)

Best,
   Garth

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 3:21 PM, Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@gmail.com<mailto:matt.garrish@gmail.com>> wrote:
> A web publication of Moby-Dick may have 136 separate HTML files, but it's still a single web publication, and a single logical work. I don't believe this statement implies otherwise.

Yes, that was the intent. As I mentioned to Luc, making clear the connectedness of the documents would further help differentiate a publication from a random set of documents. Their being connected in no way implies packaging, as having bounds doesn't necessitate packaging.

Matt