Re: Comments on "Locators for Web Publications"

From: Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien.gardeur@feedbooks.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 18:53:19 +0100
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: "Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken" <tsiegman@wiley.com>, "public-publ-wg@w3.org" <public-publ-wg@w3.org>
> If you keep on that path, the WG will *necessarily*, at some point in the
future, need a fragment identifier dedicated to EPUB or WP in URLs, through
a new RFC. My take is that we should start from there, through an analysis
of requirements, prioritization of these requirements and focus on the two
or three most important things

I agree with that statement and there are a few things we could start with:

   - how do we reference text fragments in general and HTML in particular?
   (this is not WP/PWP/EPUB specific)
   - how do we reference an HTML document and the WP that it belongs to in
   a single URL?
   - what about PWPs that are strictly published offline?