From: Ivan Herman [ivan@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 06:56
To: Leonard Rosenthol
Cc: Romain; W3C Publishing Working Group
Subject: Re: All you need is URL

On 15 Aug 2017, at 13:49, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com<mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com>> wrote:

The problem with using the WhatWG spec is in its definition - “a continually updated specification” (and therefore *not* a standard!).  This is going to be especially true as we consider our archival requirements and the need to have a standard that can be referenced “in perpetuity”.

This is a problematic issue indeed, but I would propose to leave this to those who make these decisions. If the HTML spec can have a reference to this document (based on all kinds of special discussion on the matter) then we can certainly follow suit. (We can have that issue discussed with the Director later.)

Ivan

Leonard