Re: generation by two distinct activities?

On May 17, 2012, at 10:14 AM, Luc Moreau wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> This is "scruffy" provenance, and as such, should be accepted.

How is it scruffy?

The entity (the fixed attributes) hasn't changed, only some assertions about its provenance has.

> It wouldn't satisfy constraints though: so, it's not valid.

So the distinct purchase activity imposed new fixed attributes of my water bottle (owner:Tim), without my permission?
The entity that I'm talking about is only it's physical form (independent of squeezes).

-Tim