Re: specialization/alternate in prov-dm

I think that definition 13 is probably crisper than definition 12. That
said, I don't think it makes much difference adopting def 12 or def 13.
I would go for definition 13, I think in the dm we can afford to be more
explicit than in other documents.

On 09/05/2012 13:27, Jim McCusker wrote:

> Definition 13 is effectively the same as 12, but makes it explicit
> that time intervals maybe used, but are not needed.
>
> We voted on this last week and introduced it the week before, you can
> see it in the minutes.
>
> Jim
>
> On May 9, 2012 8:10 AM, "Jun Zhao" <jun.zhao@zoo.ox.ac.uk
> <mailto:jun.zhao@zoo.ox.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Luc and all,
>
>     I understand that this is call for comments or not for voting.:)
>
>     I only looked at section 4.4 in the diff file. I see that you are
>     adopting the Definitions 13 [1], although I don't recall that as a
>     group we ever voted on this.
>
>     Anyway, personally, I prefer definitions 12 than 13. Def 13 is a
>     bit too specific to my taste:) For example, the mentioning of life
>     span of a specialization and a specialized entity. And the
>     mentioning of overlaps between alternative entities is vague for
>     me. I don't quite understand what we mean by overlapping, what
>     overlaps, the representation themselves?
>
>     Believe me, he last thing I want is to trigger another round of
>     discussions on this. If I vote, I will vote to have definitions 12
>     in the DM for the above reasons.

That is a good example of wasStartedByActivity :-)

Thanks, khalid