Re: PROV-ISSUE-340 (start-by-activity-is-comm): Start by Activity is Communication; drop it. [prov-dm]

>From a different thread, here's an example where the trigger is not used:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/prov/raw-file/default/examples/eg-24-prov-o-html-examples/rdf/create/rdf/property_wasStartedByActivity.ttl

:filling-fuel
    a prov:Activity;
    prov:startedAtTime        "2012-04-24T18:21:00Z"^^xsd:dateTime ;
    prov:endedAtTime          "2012-04-24T18:23:10Z"^^xsd:dateTime ;
    prov:wasAttributedTo      :driver ;
    prov:wasStartedByActivity :observing-low-fuel .

:observing-low-fuel
    a prov:Activity;
    prov:wasAttributedTo      :driver ;
    prov:startedAtTime        "2012-04-24T17:45:00Z"^^xsd:dateTime .

:driver a prov:Person, prov:Agent .

The trigger here could be anyone of these entities:

:fuel-meter-indicating-low
:flashing-low-fuel-light
:engine-harking

but none of those entities would be *used* by :filling-fuel - even if
they triggered it.

That said - I confused myself and Jun 3 times whether to use
wasInformedBy or wasStartedByActivity when evolving this example - I
had to read the PROV-DM definitions a couple of times - so any kind of
simplification here would be helpful :)

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science