Re: Best practice for specialization

I would say that the best practice would be to try to conform to the FRBR
model. We (RPI) have outlined application of FRBR to information resources (
http://tw.rpi.edu/web/doc/parallelIdentitiesOGD) and have produced a
mapping of FRBR to PROV (FRIR, in submission at IPAW). The OWL for FRIR (
http://purl.org/twc/ontology/frir.owl) uses the vocab.org version of FRBR (
http://vocab.org/frbr/core).

To answer your question more directly, option 2 seems to be the safer
approach. You should probably redirect :docInGeneral to :docv2 if you're
using this for linked data.

In FRBR, docInGeneral is a Work and docv1 and doc are both expressions.

Jim

--
Jim McCusker
Programmer Analyst