Re: PROV-ISSUE-453 (influence identifiers): influence inference and uniqueness

To resolve this issue, I have fixed the typos (removing duplicate inference and adding influence key relationship).  I have also added a remark to the effect that the influence inferences use the same id for the specific relationship as for the influence superproperty.

Does this address the issue?  I have marked as "pending review".

--James

On Jul 18, 2012, at 11:54 AM, James Cheney wrote:

> Yes, but this seems orthogonal to the original concern (since the two influences have different ids).
>
> --James
>
> On Jul 18, 2012, at 11:24 AM, Luc Moreau wrote:
>

>> Hi James,
>>
>> Can I check the following:
>>
>> Consider:
>> wasStartedBy(id1,a,e,_a1,_t1,_attrs1)
>> and
>> used(id2,a,e,_t2,_attrs2)
>>
>> So, we can infer
>> wasInfluencedBy(id1,a,e,_attrs1)
>> and
>> wasInfluencedBy(id2,a,e,_attrs2)
>>

>> And this is valid, because we allow multiple distinct influence relations between a pair (a,e).
>> Is this right?
>>
>> Luc
>>

>> On 07/18/2012 10:58 AM, James Cheney wrote:
>>> Hi Luc,
>>>
>>> I don't see a need to raise issues about things that can be fixed easily through discussion among the editors of the document, for problems that are essentially typos on intermediate drafts.  It just clogs the issue system.

>>> My answer would be "no".  If a usage, generation, whatever "is a" influence relationship, then why do we need a new identifier?

>>> I think it should be, but didn't add it yet (what you read is a first draft of this I added yesterday.)

>>> Typo.
>>>
>>> --James
>>
>> --
>> Professor Luc Moreau
>> Electronics and Computer Science   tel:   +44 23 8059 4487
>> University of Southampton          fax:   +44 23 8059 2865
>> Southampton SO17 1BJ               email: l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk
>> United Kingdom                     http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~lavm

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.