Re: Are qualified<Foo> relations IFPs?

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Graham Klyne <graham.klyne@zoo.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is round-tripping PROV-O and PROV-N a requirement?  That could well be a can
> of worms.

I don't think round-tripping various scruffy provenance is a
requirement, as it would become very difficult, specially PROV-O to
PROV-N. What if there is an anonymous node representing an activity's
start?

But "anything" covered by PROV-DM valid by PROV-Constraint should be
covered by PROV-O, right? That is the principle we've worked on for
the last 6 months or so.

> Something I haven't seen in the specs I've is a description of the mapping
> between PROV-N and PROV-O (that's one of my comments on PROV-O).

Right, we've kept that in the wiki -

http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvRDF  (I'm sure this is quite out
of date, using PROV-DM WD3)

as you see it can get quite verbose.. would you really want that as
part of the spec? Perhaps another note?

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science