Re: text/provenance-notation media type request

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Luc Moreau <l.moreau@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> There is however an optional parameter: empty for SPARQL and as follows for
> turtle.
>
> Optional parameters: charset — this parameter is required when transferring
> non-ASCII data. If present, the value of charset is always UTF-8.

I think as GK pointed out that you would need to state charset when
you transfer non-ASCII. Pure ASCII is covered by both UTF-8 and the
default ISO8601-1 (Latin 1) as expected by text/*.

I think the above optional parameter requirement would cover this
perfectly, although you have to apply a bit of reasoning to figure out
that is what it means. Basically you are saying that you can't say
charset=anythingelse - and if you omit it, rather than the default
latin1, the data needs to be in the ASCII subset.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science