From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Subject: prov:specializationOf
To: mccusker@gmail.com

Hi Jim,

I meant to send this message to you during CSHALS, but apparently I
forgot.  :(  I just noticed it in my Drafts folder.

Thanks for your presentation at CSHALS!  It was interesting to see, and
nice to meet you in person!

FYI, the prov:specializationOf property is very similar to the
s:isNarrowerThanResource property described at
http://dbooth.org/2007/splitting/
AFAICT, the main difference seems to be that s:isNarrowerThanResource
applies to the declared meaning (or nominal meaning) of two URIs,
whereas prov:specializationOf applies to the meaning of the two URIs in
context, which normally will involve additional assertions.

This arose out of my own quest to figure out how semantic web
architecture works (or should work), how a URI gets its meaning, and how
that meaning should be formalized.

Best wishes,

--
David Booth, Ph.D.