Re: Prov-o call on Monday 12:00noon US ET

On 24/10/2011 23:21, Satya Sahoo wrote:
> Introducing n-ary relations will make generation of RDF (Paul's example)
> difficult for users - introduction of blank nodes makes life very difficult
> for exchange and interoperability of RDF data. [...]

This statement, in isolation, is puzzling to me.

Blank nodes are part of the RDF model.  Any RDF toolkit should be able to handle
and exchange them without problem.

I recognize that they sometimes create complications in inference environments,
but I think that is a separate issue (not an exchange and interop problem).  And
in specific local environments, it's fairly easy to generate unique URIs (like
Skolemization) without affecting the semantics of what is described.