Re: PROV-ISSUE-90 (namespace-in-ontology): Namespace used in ontology [Formal Model]

On 12/10/2011 14:51, Luc Moreau wrote:
> Recommended by Ivan.

Quite - let W3C staff handle namespace URI formats :)

> I suggest you follow the same approach /ns/prov-o

But here I sense a possible problem.  Why do we need a different namespace for
the ontology and DM, when they are essentially descriptions of the same
things/concetps?  (There may be some additional "glue" URIs in the ontology, but
I'd expect everything (or almost everything) identified as part of the DM to be
formally described in the ontology.)

The problem here is illustrated by the very existence of this agendum in the
recent OWL group discussions:
http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/PIL_OWL_Ontology_Meeting_2011-10-17#Adding_missing_PROV-DM_terms_to_PROV-O
  (thanks for the notes guys!)