Re: Workflow Example in Formal Model HTML document

Hi James,
Thank you for elaborating on your points! I think I now understand the
distinction you are making.

>Likewise, I read the data model as interpreting a ProvenanceContainer as an
abstract (named) >collection of provenance statements.  It's not clear to me
that this needs to be mapped to a first->class OWL concept, rather perhaps
this sense of ProvenanceContainer maps more directly to a >"named graph".
 But if it does map to a concept, then we can interpret individuals of that
concept >as sets of provenance assertions, rather than as "things in the
world" that contain things that >could be interpreted as provenance
information.

The above point really helps - so we need a container class in the ontology
but it will something other than the term ProvenanceContainer as defined in
the PROV-DM. As we don't model the term RDF graph (or named graph) in the
ontology, similarly we don't need to model ProvenanceContainer in the
ontology. Though, we can use ProvenanceContainer as datatype value similar
to XML Schema datatypes (date, time etc.)?

> a generic notion of Container as a subclass of Entity.
My suggestion would be replace the label ProvenanceContainer with
"ProvenanceAssertionSet" and use the "ProvenanceContainer" label for a
"generic notion of Container".

Thanks.

Best,
Satya