Re: PROV-ISSUE-1 (define-resource): Definition for concept 'Resource' [Provenance Terminology]

Dear all,

I am pleased to see that some definitions are being uploaded on the
wiki; in particular, I see definitions of resources, which I would
like to begin debating during the teleconference this week.

For now, I just use this definition:

  A resource can be anything that might be identified by URI

Going back to the Data Journalism example [1], it is not entirely clear
that such a notion of resource encapsulates all the "data entities" that
we find here.    I can see r1 and r2 being resources.

However, what about f1, which, for instance, could have been generated
by an xslt transform over d1. f1 could be a file on the local file
system, which then
is made available later as a resource r1.

Likewise, lcp1 is a local copy of a serialization of r1.  Again, lcp1
could be a file
on the file system.

Are lcp1 and f1 resources?

Can we classify all the "data entities" in group, with same properties?
What are these classes?

Cheers,
Luc

[1] http://www.w3.org/2011/prov/wiki/ProvenanceExample