Re: Introduction

Hello all,

I just joined the group as invited expert and would like to introduce
myself, too. My name is Kai Eckert, I currently work at the Mannheim
University Library, where I have several tasks including the
coordination of the libraries linked open data activities. For more
information, have a look at my webpage:
http://ki.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/people/kai_eckert.html

I was already member of the Provenance XG and primarily applied for the
Provenance WG, because I would like to act as a bridge to the Dublin
Core Metadata Provenance Task Group, which I co-lead together with
Michael Panzer (OCLC) - slightly top-heavy, as we have only four
constantly participating members, one of them being Daniel Garijo, who
is also member of the Provenance WG.

My main interests are the provenance of (meta)data which I consider a
special subtopic of provenance, especially in the web setting, where
provenance information is mixed with the actual (meta)data and needs to
be separated (or integrated) in a well-defined way which is for example
still an open question in RDF and the linked data world (open question
might also be read as a question with too many answers ;-)).

Feel free to contact me for any further questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Kai

Am 12.05.2011 13:43, schrieb Simon Dobson:
> (Thanks for the reminder, Simon :-).)
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm a professor of computer science at St Andrews, with an interest in
> sensor networks and programming languages. I also work with our marine
> and environmental scientists quite closely, where we're trying to
> improve the quality and scale of data we can collect over long periods.
>
> For the purposes of provenance, I'm mainly interested in two things:
>
> 1. How to capture and represent the provenance of data coming from a
> sensor network. The network will probably perform all sorts of
> transformations on the raw data, which have potentially important
> consequences for the analyses and statistics that get performed on it
> later in the workflow and therefore need to be captured and propagated
> cleanly.
>
> 2. How best to represent a manipulate provenance and other linked data
> within programs, especially how to assign types and perform analysis on
> data with complex dynamic relationships.
>
> Looking forward to working with you all!
>
> Best regards,

Kai Eckert
KR & KM Research Group
Universitaet Mannheim