Re: concept illustrations for the data journalism example

Hey

(sorry, I messed something up with the email addresses - I sent some mails to
the old XG list - it should be fixed now)

On Thursday 12 May 2011 13:42:30 Luc Moreau wrote:
> Olaf and Paul,
> [...]
> Time is important no doubt, and not made explicit in the scenario.
> What does it mean to be performedAt? Time at which process execution
> took place?

In the Provenance Vocabulary prv:performedAt is a possible property of a
prv:Execution (representing the completed execution of a process). Thus,
yes, prv:performedAt refers to the time at which the execution took place.

> Is it instaneous?

The rdfs:range of prv:performedAt is xsd:dateTime. Hence, it is instaneous.
And (before you ask ;)  we always understood this instant to refer to the
point in time when the execution completed - we should make that more
explicit in the documentation.

> has it a duration?

The Provenance Vocabulary has nothing for durations.

> Is it the time at which
> the DataItem
> is produced?

If the prv:Execution is a prv:DataCreation and the prv:DataItem has been
prv:createdBy that, then yes.

Olaf