Re: Personal observations of working group style and process

Hi All,

I would refer everyone to my note from earlier today on process

- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-prov-wg/2011Jun/0317.html

I think the process that Graham articulates is the approach Luc and I as
chairs have outlined. But before we can iterate on a draft we need one.

I would also say that the group has a limited framework for what should
be in the draft of the conceptual model namely the concepts outlined in
the charter. These are not that many and known to be useful.

Importantly, the group has to work by consensus. We need to agree on at
least some definitions to start. But my observation has been that the
group has often wanted to debate intricacies. This is perfectly
appropriate but often takes time. Personally, I would prefer to have
simple common sensical definitions. However, that often seems not to be
compelling enough.

I believe however we are converging on a  model. We have an agreement on
thing and many of the properties of process execution. We also have an
agreement around process specifications. We are working towards
agreement on generation and use. Once we have this we can put this in a
more accessible form.

Paul