Re: Personal observations of working group style and process

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:11, Graham Klyne <graham.klyne@zoo.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

> If we can quickly pull together the simplest possible set of specification
> drafts that we can possibly imagine as addressing at least some of our
> goals, we can publish them and solicit feedback.  That way, we stand a
> chance of learning what we're missing that other people really want.  By
> keeping the drafts really simple, we minimize the risk of describing
> something that no user really wants (and in the same stroke, we maximize the
> chance of their being read and actually getting feedback).  Then iterate.

I agree on this style of approach - we should just start by drafting
the drafts (!) - this should give a better skeleton to discuss larger
issues rather than the current term-by-term discussion.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science